This Bean and Kale Soup recipe is simple, affordable comfort food. I adapted it from the Italian Sausage and Bean Soup.
Using canned beans helps get this soup from stove to table quickly. I’ve been making this soup pretty often lately. I make a big pot, so we have leftovers for the next day.
Or sometimes I freeze the leftovers for another meal later on.
Either way, it’s warm, quick, healthy and delicious!
15-Minute Bean & Kale Soup
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 15 oz. cans butter beans or cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs. basil
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- 2 cups chopped kale
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for several minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook 10 more minutes or longer if you have time.