Ever wished that making pizza was as easy as picking it up from your local pizza joint? Well, it takes a little more forethought but it really is much easier than you might have imagined. I’m excited to talk about one of my favorite family foods and tell you some of the tricks I’ve learned along the way while making lots of yummy pizzas for my family’s pizza night each week over the years.
First, let’s just talk about pizza for a minute. It’s an all-American nod to a classic (though not quite the same) Italian dish. And one of my favorite things about it is that there are a million ways to make it, so it’s a great way to make everyone happy. I love that you can go savory, and never run out of different ways to top it. And you can go sweet, and make a treat that will be a massive hit with everyone too.
To me, pizza night is one of the easiest, most fun nights of the week. But to make pizza night easy, you do need to plan ahead a little. I make up my dough in batches. I freeze portions of it so I can pop it out an hour or so before dinner and let it thaw on the counter. That saves me so much time since I don’t have to make the dough from scratch every time we want pizza. Plus the extra rise helps give the dough an even better texture!
I like to make my own sauce, but you don’t have to. And you can go as elaborate or as easy as you want on the toppings. One of my favorites is the chicken alfredo pizza on the blog. It’s delicious and easy, and it is a great option if you don’t like or want all tomato sauces on your pizzas, too.
Tricks and Tips for Making Your Own Pizza
- How to use a Pizza Stone or Peel
- EASY homemade pizza dough (Freezer friendly!)
- Homemade Pizza Sauce (EASY)
Some of Our Favorite Pizzas
- Need a gluten-free option for pizza night? We love this fun BLT Pizza!
- This homemade alfredo sauce is SO easy to make and it’s delicious on this alfredo chicken pizza. This is a huge favorite of mine!
- These mini deep dish pizzas are a fun take on personal pizzas. Lots of cheese!
- Here’s another fun take on chicken pizza. Good way to get some spinach in. You’ll really like Chicken Florentine Pizza!
- Don’t have time for a crust? French bread makes a fun, crispy alternative in this French Bread Pizza.
- Here’s a tex-mex way to make some pizza. Try out Cornbread Pizza!
- Who else loves pesto? I love this Pesto Tomato Pizza!
- Need a little heat? Try this Spicy Garlic Chicken Pizza!
- This is not a pizza. But it’s another fun way to enjoy those pizza-y, cheesy flavors we love in pizza. You’ll love this Sausage Mozzarella Calzones
- Does anyone lovee a deep dish Chicago style pizza? This pizza pot pie was SO good!