The sauce really makes the dish and is what makes it bulgogi!
Traditionally, this meal is made with meat, but this version makes use of tofu.
Serve this with a green veggie like broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, kale, green beans or edamame.
Vegan Korean Bulgogi
- 1 cups brown rice
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha
For Instant Pot Rice
- 1 cups brown rice listed above
- 1 1/4 cups water
For stovetop rice:
- Cook according to package directions.
For Instant Pot rice:
- Place brown rice and water in the instant pot, close the lid and seal.
- Cook the rice for 17 minutes on high pressure, followed by a quick pressure release.
- Drain the tofu and press between paper towels with a heavy skillet on top for a few minutes.
- Crumble tofu with a fork.
- Add onion and garlic to a medium-sized pan and cook until soft.
- Add the tofu and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the tofu, stirring to combine.
- Serve over rice.
Leave a Reply