Canned Beans make this soup a quick-fix recipe. Not only is it quick to pull together, but it’s also economical and it tastes yummy!
I love a bean soup that has cooked all day, but sometimes that’s just not realistic. If you find yourself in need of a good 15 minute meal, try this one.
Serve with a side of muffins, cornbread or biscuits.
Quick Bean Soup
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- ½-1 cup diced ham
- 15 oz. can butter beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp. oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the onion in oil until translucent, then add remaining ingredients.
- Heat through and serve.