4 ingredients (6 if you count the cheese and buns) + 1 slow cooker = 1 splendiferous dinner. And, in case you wondered, splendiferous is in the online thesaurus. It’s a more funtastic word than “good”, don’t you think?
I used cube steaks to make these sandwiches, but you can use round steak or another cut if you like. Here’s what you’ll need:
French Dip Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs. cube steak
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 large or 2 small onions sliced
- 1 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
- provolone cheese slices
- sub buns
- Place the steak, peppers and onions in the slow cooker.
- Cook 5-6 hours on high or 7-8 on low.
- Slice the steak into strips.
- Place on buns and top with cheese.
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve the the broth from the slow cooker.