Hellmann’s Mayonnaise recently contacted me asking if I’d like to try their new Organic Mayonnaise. I gave a quick yes! Hellmann’s is my favorite mayo and this one is really good.
I decided to try it in a chicken salad. This recipe is a little different than most chicken salads and it’s really good. The dressing is creamy and flavorful, despite the simple ingredients. Red onion lends a punch of flavor and cucumbers add crispness. The chick peas and chicken are a surprisingly good combo.
For this recipe, I used chicken I’d cooked in the Instant Pot. More on that another time, but I will say that’s a great way to cook a bunch of chicken. I used part of the chicken for this recipe and froze enough for two more meals.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chicken Salad with Chick Peas:
The ingredient list is very simple. The salad comes together quickly and is very healthy too. It would make a great packed lunch or easy dinner.
Chicken Salad with Chick Peas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2-15 oz cans chick peas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. dried mint
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- crumbled feta optional
- Combine chicken, chick peas, cucumber, feta, mayonnaise, mint, onion and lemon juice in
- large bowl.
- Serve over fresh spinach.
- Top with crumbled feta, if desired.
Disclosure: I was compensated for my time in writing this post, however all opinions are my own.