4 ingredients (6 if you count the cheese and buns) + 1 slow cooker = 1 splendiferous dinner. And, in case you wondered, splendiferous is in the online thesaurus. It’s a more funtastic word than “good”, don’t you think?
I used cube steaks to make these sandwiches, but you can use round steak or another cut if you like. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs. cube steak
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 large or 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
- provolone cheese slices
- sub buns
- Place the steak, peppers and onions in the slow cooker.
- Cook 5-6 hours on high or 7-8 on low.
- Slice the steak into strips.
- Place on buns and top with cheese.
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve the the broth from the slow cooker.
There’s still time to enter the Tate’s Bake Shop giveaway, if you haven’t already. And don’t forget to visit the other blogs having giveaways this week: The Green Backs Gal, Crystal and Co., Coupon Cookin ,Coupon Mommie, Bucksome Boomer, Savin’ Some