Sheet-pan dinners are pretty quick. Chop up some veggies, add some meat, place on sheet pan and cook. If you want to add a side, you can make rice or a simple noodle dish or you can just eat whatever was on the pan by itself.
The beauty of a sheet pan dinner is that you can extend it a bit if you need to. Feel free to add other veggies if your household isn’t a fan of yellow squash, for instance.
Any vegetable you have in your fridge or garden is a candidate for this meal. Think broccoli, brussels sprouts, green beans, carrots, potatoes…the possibilities are endless.
If you do add a vegetable that needs a longer cooking time, such as potatoes, just pop those in the oven for a few minutes and then pull the sheet pan out and add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking.
Smoked Sausage with Garden Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 12 oz. packages of smoked sausage coin-sliced
- 2 zucchini coin-sliced
- 2 yellow squash coin-sliced
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2-4 Tbs. olive oil
- 2-3 Tbs. rosemary
- 2-3 Tbs. garlic powder
- Brush one large or two small-rimmed baking sheets with olive oil.
- Toss smoked sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and onion with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Season with garlic and rosemary and spread evenly over pan(s).
- Place in a 400° oven for 20 minutes until meat is cooked through.
Leave a Reply