Grilled chicken, mozzarella cheese, and creamy Italian-style dressing make these sandwiches delish. They were perfect paired up with Pasta Soup.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Italian Chicken Melts
- grilled chicken breasts I used 4 to make 6 sandwiches
- good sandwich buns
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- salt and pepper
- mozzarella cheese shredded
- lettuce and tomato
- Slice the grilled chicken thin.
- Mix the mayo, garlic, basil, salt and pepper together for the sauce.
- Butter the buns and pop them under the broiler to toast them.
- Pull them out and layer the chicken and mozzarella on the buns.
- Put it back under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Spread the top bun with the sauce.
- Add lettuce and tomato and serve.
Sounds good and easy. I don’t do sandwiches very often for dinners but that’s something I’d like to do more of in 2010. This might be a good place to start.
This sounds really good. We eat a lot of chicken at our house and I could use a sandwich recipe in my menu.
Again, another great looking recipe from you. Looks so simple and so delish!
Maybe we will try it next week.
Looks really good! I think we will try these soon :o)
Lenetta @ Nettacow says
Sounds super yummy! I linked to this on my weekly roundup – thanks for sharing!
I like the sound of these sandwiches!!
That sounds really good. I’ll have to try these.
Andi A. says
Hi Tiffany! Made these sandwiches for the family last week and they were a BIG hit. My husband said he would rather have this sandwich than go to Subway. That’s a BIG compliment from him. So thanks for our new go to sandwich recipe!