Another quick and tasty crockpot meal! This one comes from here.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Crockpot Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 2 lbs. of chicken I used chicken tenders because they were on sale. I did not use the whole bag
- small onion sliced
- red pepper sliced
- green pepper sliced
- 20 oz can pineapple
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Put the chicken, onion and peppers in the crockpot. I added my chicken frozen.
- Drain the can of pineapple. Set the pineapple chunks aside for later.
- Mix the juice with the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for about 4-5 hours.
- A bit before serving add the pineapple chunks.
- Serve over rice.
We all really liked this. I will make this one again!