My family loves nachos. And bbq chicken. And cheese.
So I knew this recipe would be a hit.
The fact that it only takes 15 minutes is a huge bonus.
That worked out really well the night I made them. Due to a flat tire on one of the cars, we ended up eating in shifts again. Nachos don’t hold over very well, but since they’re so quick to assemble and only need a few minutes under the broiler, it’s easy to make several batches. That way everyone gets to eat them fresh.
We munched these with a Southwestern Chopped Salad kit I picked up at Kroger. It turned out to be a great combo!
Here’s what you’ll need for the nachos:
This is more method than recipe. You can change them up any way you like. We pondered whether pineapple tidbits would be a good addition. Our verdict is that it’s definitely worth trying!
I used rotisserie chicken that I had in the freezer. You can use any kind of cooked chicken though. If you’ve got leftover or batch cooked bbq chicken, all the better!
15 Minute BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 2-3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 - 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese combo
- Stir the chicken and bbq sauce together. Warm in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread chips in single layer on baking stone or cookie sheet.
- Top with bbq chicken, red onion slices and cheese.
- Drizzle a little more sauce over the top of everything.
- Broil for about 3-5 minutes, watching closely so the nachos don't burn.
We like regular nachos with taco meat, but this would be a great twist.
Made me think of other options: Buffalo Chicken Nachos – chicken, sliced onion, blue cheese, ranch and buffalo wing sauce
These look delicious! Perfect for busy weeknights.
I’ve made this for my family of 8 5 or 6 times now, and we all love it!!! Thanks so much for this easy, yummy recipe!
Joe says: Added Jalapeno’s wow
This recipe is a keeper ! Made tonight , I had Mexican cheese and Italian used those with a sweet barbeque sauce.Then topped it after baking with a cheese sauce that has a hint of jalapeno. It was the bomb !