I do a lot of recipe creation. Sometimes the recipes don’t turn out well and I never share them with you. But sometimes, I come up with a winner.
This chicken noodle soup is a winner!
First of all, it takes just 15 minutes to fix.
It’s also homemade. Okay, I’m using that term a little loose. The broth isn’t homemade. And my mom asked if the noodles were homemade (she’s hard to impress!).
But there’s no cream soups or mixes in here. And that’s what I mean by homemade.
And if you’re smart enough to make your own broth and freeze it and use chicken you’ve cooked and frozen, then it really can be homemade. (I’m not even going to talk about making the noodles though.)
I used boxed chicken broth and frozen rotisserie chicken for mine. Everyone loved it! It’s creamy, nourishing and hearty.
Here’s what you’ll need:
15 Minute Creamy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 onion diced
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 64 oz chicken broth 2 boxes OR 4 cans
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 cups broken vermicelli noodles
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 2 cups milk warmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Cook onion in butter until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir flour into onion until it makes a smooth paste. Cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and poultry seasoning. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add noodles and cook about 10 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- Add chicken and milk and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.