Waking up to hot oatmeal is a joy. And this Peaches and Cream Oatmeal is absolutely scrumptious! It only takes a few minutes to prep in the evening. I use my small slow cooker with a cheapo hack to make it programmable.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings. The leftovers heat up well in the microwave. It’s thick after being refrigerated, but just add a little milk to thin them down.
Here’s what you’ll need:
I used peaches in light syrup, but you could use heavy syrup instead if you like it sweet. My daughter and I both added a little sugar to our bowls, but it was just right for Jim without the added sugar. What can I say? We girls like our sweets.
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 can (15 oz) sliced peaches in light syrup
- enough milk to bring liquid to 4 cups
- dash salt
- Spray inside of crock with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put steel cut oats in crock.
- Drain can of peaches, reserving juice.
- Slice peaches in bite size pieces. Add to crock.
- Add milk to peach juice to make 4 cups. Pour into crock.
- Add dash of salt and stir to combine.
- Cook 3-4 hours on low. You can cook up to 7-8 hours, if needed.
- Serve with extra milk, if desired.