I am a huge fan of the 15 minute meal. Some days, there just isn’t any more time than that to pull dinner together.
I’ve even got an eBook full of 15 minute meals. I frequently pull it out when I need something quick for dinner. A quick scan of the book, matched up with the items in my pantry will always yield a dinner idea.
This meal idea came from my mom. She had something similar when she ate out recently. I’m not sure what restaurant and I don’t know exactly how she fixed hers. There are many different ways you could take this, depending on what your family likes and what you’ve got in the pantry.
I happened to have a variety of bell peppers in the fridge, so I used them to add color and flavor. Doesn’t this pan of cooking peppers and onions look good?
Here’s what you’ll need for this quick meal:
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta – 15 Minute Meal
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red or yellow or orange, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 6 oz pepperoni I used turkey pepperoni, cut in halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Italian 5 cheese shredded
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While it cooks, saute the peppers, onions and garlic in oil in a large skillet.
- When the veggies are tender-crisp, add crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano and pepperoni.
- Cook over medium heat till pasta is done. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and put back in cooking pan.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to combine.
- Serve with shredded cheese.
Brian Sly-Haley says
What a fascinating idea. I love pizza and I love penne pasta so this one should be a no brainer. I bet the center of the pasta gets filled with a ton of sauce…even better. I would probably take this one step further and use wheat para for a slightly healthier version. Thanks for sharing!
I made this for dinner. It was absolutely delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
stepheny sletta says
I made this yesterday but with no tomatoes and only bell peppers. I used two tbls flour and two tablespoons butter stirred tell the flour was cooked.then I added one stick cheddar and one stick mozzarella and two slices of Colby and two tbls of parm and one slice of velvetta cheese one tbls cream cheese and a pint of heavy cream cooked tell melted. then I added the bell peppers and the chopped pepperonis and stirred then poored the cheese sauce into the pasta and stirred again tell mixed. took me about 15 mins to cook and maybe an extra min or two to cut the cheese in pieces and pepperoni into pieces.