Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a sped-up version of the classic that your family will love!
If your family loves soup as much as mine, then you’ll want to check out my entire collection of Instant Pot Soup Recipes too!
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I love pot pie, but it’s generally not a weeknight dinner here. It’s hard to squeeze in making the filling and baking it up before everyone’s hanging in the kitchen claiming they’re starving. This Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup has all the flavors of a classic pot pie, but it’s simple enough to pull off on a busy night.
Using the Instant Pot makes this a hands-off, one pot dish. You start by using the sauté feature to cook the onions and make a white sauce. Then, your broth and veggies go in and you set the cook time.
The perfect time to make the pie crust croutons is while the soup is coming to pressure. By the time you’re pulling them from the oven, the soup should be just about ready for its last step. If it finished before you’re ready, feel free to let it depressurize naturally for a few minutes!
The last step is stirring in the peas, cooked chicken, milk, and seasonings. These ingredients just need to heat through, so it will only take a few minutes for your soup to be ready at this point. Be sure not to let it boil once you’ve added the milk – remove the pot from the Instant Pot if you start getting close.
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a bowl of comfort. Chicken and vegetables in a creamy soup base, topped with crisp, flaky pie crust croutons are definitely a crowd pleaser! You and your family will love digging into this on a chilly evening. Add a big salad and this is a company-worthy dinner.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can always so for the stove-top Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe too.
You’ll also want to check out my free Instant Pot School with lots of free downloads, lesson plans, recipes and a free meal plan. And some other amazing perks that you won’t want to miss!
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Pie Crust Croutons
For the soup
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 2 32 oz. cartons chicken broth
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- ⅛ tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
For the Pie Crust Croutons
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Poultry seasoning, optional
- Hit the saute button on the Instant Pot and melt the butter.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in one carton of chicken broth until smooth.
- Add in the potatoes, carrots, celery, and remaining broth.
- Set the manual cook time for 10 minutes. Do a quick pressure release.
- Hit the saute button. Add in the peas, chicken, milk, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, and cook until heated through. Do not boil - if it starts to boil, remove the pot from the Instant Pot.
- Serve topped with pie crust croutons.
Pie Crust Croutons
- Unroll the pie crusts onto two baking sheets.
- Cut crusts in 2-inch squares or use a small circle cutter.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a dash of poultry seasoning, if desired.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
Leave a Reply