A friend brought this recipe to my family 14 years ago, when my son was born. We’ve made it often since then. And as a plus, it can cook either in the crockpot or oven! Not only that, it can be frozen too.
This is a kid-pleasing staple for our family.
The ingredients are simple and I almost always have all of them in my pantry. My favorite sides to serve with this casserole are broccoli and sliced tomatoes, when they are in season.
Chicken Tetrazini – Crockpot and Oven versions
- about 3 cups of cooked chicken
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles broken in half and cooked
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans cream soup chicken or mushroom
- mozzarella cheese for the top
- Stir all ingredients together, except cheese.
- Pour into greased 9x13 casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Or, pour into greased slow cooker. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 5-6 hours.
- Or, pour into greased casserole dish and freeze. Thaw in fridge and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours until hot.