I’ve had this recipe on my “to-make” list for quite a while now. I shouldn’t have waited so long to try it out. Even my son, who doesn’t like enchiladas, liked these. I made them a week ago and then on Monday, I saw that Pioneer Woman had posted her version of White Chicken Enchiladas. I have no doubt that hers are delicious, but these are easier. And a bit lower in fat.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- about 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Jack cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can diced green chilis 7 oz
- Mix together 1 cup of the cheese, the chicken and the onion.
- Put some of this mixture into each tortilla, roll and place seam side down in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken broth, whisking till smooth. Cook this over medium heat until it thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in the sour cream and green chilis.
- Pour over the top of the enchiladas.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.