A couple of weeks ago I printed off an Eat at Home Meal Plan that included 50s Prime Time Meatloaf. I love that meatloaf, but I really wanted to grill out instead.
Thankfully, I realized that the meatloaf recipe would make fantastic burgers! I adapted it by skipping the bread crumbs and eggs, but using the rest of the ingredients. It made wonderful burgers that had lots of flavor and were very moist.
I chose to top the burgers with white American cheese. That was really good, but I think next time I’ll try cheddar instead.
Here’s what you’ll need:
This made about 10 burgers. If you don’t need that many, you can either cut the recipe in half or freeze half of them before grilling. I love having things like that in the freezer.
50s Prime Time Burgers
- 2 lbs. Ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ⅓ cup finely diced onions
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 2 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 10 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the cheese and buns. Mix very well with your hands until completely combined.
- Divide into 10 patties.
- Grill over medium hot coals, about 6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Top with cheese and serve on buns.
Tinker Kell says
What a great idea! I would probably cut the recipe in half for 5 burgers, but it’s something good to try in the summer when we’re grilling. We always enjoy seeing Disney inspired recipes!