I love using grill recipes to get dinner on the table. It’s quick. There are no pans to clean. And it doesn’t heat up the kitchen.
Although I like to grill chicken legs or other cuts of meat with bones, I usually stick with quicker-to-cook foods for our weeknight fare. I’m a lazy griller. I like to throw the meat on, walk away to finish the side dishes and come back to flip the meat to the other side. I know this isn’t the way the experts do it, but it works for getting dinner on the table fast.
(I do have a fantastic BBQ Rib recipe that requires a bit more babysitting. It is so worth it though!)
One of my favorite time savers is to grill a lot of boneless chicken and store it in the freezer for quick meals.
And recently, I stumbled on this super, simple way to marinate chicken for grilling.
Let’s get to some quick weeknight recipes:
Meat on the grill
- BBQ Ham Steaks on the grill
- Grilled Round Steak with Red Wine Vinegar and Homemade Seasoned Salt
- Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
- BBQ Pepper Jack Chicken
- Chicken Smothered with Vegetables on a Bed of Couscous
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Kabobs
Sandwiches and wraps
I don’t do a lot of fish on the grill. I’m afraid the fish will break apart and fall through the grate. (Am I right in this fear?) But I do like to use a foil packet to grill fish.
Pasta with Grilled Chicken
We love pasta. It’s so quick and creamy and delicious. And it pairs up with grilled chicken really well too. Here are a couple of my favorites:
- Bowtie Pasta with Feta and Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Bowtie Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Grilled Chicken
- Cheese Ravioli with Pesto, Red Peppers and Grilled Chicken
- Garden Rotini with Grilled Zucchini and Chicken
- Pepper Patch Pasta with Grilled Chicken
Ebates Savvy Living Live Chat!
Monday, June 18 I’m co-hosting a live chat on all things summer barbeque! Please join me, Kasey from Time 2 $ave, Whitney from Mommies with Style, Brittney and Bethany from A Penny Filled Pantry, and Rachel from Following In My Shoes for a live chat on 6/18 at 9pm EST! Please join me right here on this post or join in the Ebates Savvy Living Community.