I’m never going to convince my family to love sweet potatoes like I do. But this dish did convince the to eat them. My oldest daughter even said the sweet potatoes were pretty good. She didn’t think she liked them at all, but decided to give them a try when I served this.
This is a basic, quick recipe. The prep is easy – just 4 ingredients too! Chicken and sweet potatoes are a great combination. Add a little butter and brown sugar and they’re even better.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Feel free to alter this recipe as you see fit. Add more butter and brown sugar. Or less. Or add apples too. Or use carrots instead of sweet potatoes. I don’t think you can mess this one up. Adapt away!
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 5 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chicken and sweet potatoes in the crockpot. (I added the chicken still frozen.)
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.