You’ll be declared “Best Cook” for making this dish and you’ll love yourself too for how easy it is. It’s a great feeling to have dinner all cooked in the crockpot when you get home after a long day, or just to know it’s finished and you’re free during that time before dinner when little ones get very needy.
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts (I like to use the tenders, as they break apart easily while cooking)
- 15 oz. corn, drained
- 15, oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- onion, sliced
- green pepper, sliced
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Garnish with cheese and serve over cornbread or in tortillas.