You’ll be declared “Best Cook” for making this dish and you’ll love yourself too for how easy it is. It’s a great feeling to have dinner all cooked in the crockpot when you get home after a long day, or just to know it’s finished and you’re free during that time before dinner when little ones get very needy.
This has been a go-to recipe for my family for years. We make it often at home. It also makes an appearance on vacation. Since we rent houses and travel with extended family, it makes sense to take food with us and save on the restaurant costs. This recipe is easy to throw together in the morning. We use a crockpot liner when vacationing so we can skip the scrubbing after dinner.
I usually serve Chicken Fiesta in tortillas, but it’s also really good over cornbread. If you’re in a hurry, check out this 15 Minute Skillet Chicken Fiesta. All of the flavor of the original, but much faster!
Chicken Fiesta with Black Beans – a crockpot recipe
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts I like to use the tenders, as they break apart easily while cooking
- 2 cups frozen corn drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- onion sliced
- green pepper sliced
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Garnish with cheese and serve over cornbread or in tortillas.