Can you believe we’ve made it to Day 75 in our Summer Slow Cooker Recipes series? There have been such a variety of recipes shared. Scroll to the bottom of this post and you’ll find a link to all of them.
The combo of chicken, bacon and ranch is one of my favorites. In my opinion, any dish with the three of them is bound to be good. One morning when I was pressed for time and trying to think of something to throw in the slow cooker for dinner, I realized I had all three on hand – and these sandwiches were born!
These are a great go-to dinner, especially in warm weather. Despite being a hot sandwich, the cool ranch slaw makes these feel light and refreshing. I love to pair these with fries and some veggies with dip.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches with Creamy Ranch Slaw
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
- 3 oz. real bacon bits
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- Ranch dressing
- Rolls for serving
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the broth and dressing mix. Pour over the chicken. Sprinkle the bacon bits over the top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Shred the chicken once cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, toss the coleslaw mix with enough ranch dressing to lightly coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the shredded chicken on rolls, topped with ranch slaw.
Kate is a home cook living and working in New Jersey. In addition to sharing recipes with Eat at Home readers, she blogs her cooking adventures at Kate’s Recipe Box. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her reading or tending to her garden.