Stir fry is a cooking method that can’t really be replicated in a slow cooker.
But you can make a pretty good fake!
I’ve made this recipe twice now. It’s easy and quick to fix. The chicken gets cooked in stir fry sauce for several hours. The veggies are added later, so they don’t get mushy.
No ingredient photo this time. I was in a big hurry both times I’ve made it.
Chicken and Broccoli “Stir Fry” in the Slow Cooker
- 2-3 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1/2 bottle stir fry sauce about 1 cup or more, if you like (I used Mandarin Sauce from Panda Express)
- 1 bunch broccoli chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- Place chicken in slow cooker. I start mine from frozen.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-7 hours.
- About an hour before serving, place broccoli and red pepper on top of chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and let it finish cooking. Serve over rice.
I’m sure you can use this method for other meats and veggies too. We love Asian food and it’s fun to be able to make it in the slow cooker, even though it’s not authentic at all.
Off the wall question: Do you know how to eat with chopsticks?