I’ve shared before that I often forget about side dishes until it’s nearly too late. I’m a big fan of keeping the sides simple.
Canned veggies are one of my go-to sides, especially if I’m running short on time, which happens often!
Peas are one of our favorites. I usually serve them with butter, salt and pepper. But this time I decided to dress them up a bit.
Lemon Pepper Parmesan Peas (plus a Pyrex giveaway and ideas for dressing up canned vegetables)
- 15 oz can Libby’s Sweet Peas
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbs. shaved Parmesan
- Heat peas in small bowl in microwave for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning and stir gently to blend.
- Top with shaved Parmesan.
Libby’s vegetables make wonderful, quick side dishes. Here are a few ideas for dressing up the veggies, while keeping things quick and simple:
- Add herb seasoning to any variety of Libby’s vegetables
- Sweeten Libby’s Sliced Carrots with a bit of honey. Add a bit of butter too!
- Top Libby’s Sliced White Potatoes with bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add a little salsa to Libby’s Sweet Corn and serve with Mexican food.
There are all kinds of possibilities to make your quick side dishes stand out.
Libby’s is giving away a variety of their vegetables, along with a glass 14 piece Pyrex Storage set to one reader of Eat at Home!
To enter, leave a comment answering this question:
What’s your favorite Libby’s vegetable and how would you season it?
Giveaway will be open until noon EST on February 17. Winner will be notified by email.
Disclosure: I have been compensated by Libby’s for my time, however all opinions are my own.