Roasting broccoli in the oven gives a new dimension to the flavor. It brings out a nutty taste in the broccoli and enhances the sweetness of the red pepper. You can vary the seasonings using seasoned salt, grill seasoning or lemon pepper, but I chose to go simple with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Roasted Broccoli and Red Pepper
- fresh broccoli cut into florets
- red bell peppers cut into strips
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- This is more method than recipe. Use the amounts you need for your family.
- Toss the broccoli and red peppers with a drizzle of olive oil. You want the veggies to be lightly coated with oil. It doesn’t take very much oil.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and toss again.
- Place on a rimmed cookie sheet and put it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.