I wanted to make a chicken casserole the other day, but I wanted one that I’d never made before. After pondering for a while, I decided to alter Chicken and Cheesy Rice Casserole and give it an Italian spin. Everyone liked it. We had leftovers for lunch the next day and I thought it was even better leftover.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2-3 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 cup rice uncooked
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 2 cans 15 oz chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2-1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2-1 tsp. basil
- 1 garlic clove minced or crushed
- black pepper to taste
- Put the chicken in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the rice, red pepper and parsley over the top.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, chicken soup,, oregano, basil, garlic and pepper.
- Pour evenly over the top of the other ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let it stand for a few minutes before serving.