Sliced apples, sugar, spices and an easy crumb topping come together for an amazing fall dessert!
Oh my! This pie tastes so, so much better than it looks. I didn’t take the time to really style the photo, because it smelled so amazing.
I pulled it out of the oven at the same time the rest of our dinner was ready. We ended up eating it as a side dish, because we couldn’t wait for dessert 🙂
I’ve got another pie crust in the freezer and I can’t wait to make this pie again.
Here’s what you’ll need:
I don’t usually use frozen pie shells like this, but I had this one on hand for some reason. And it was really good! I was surprised. It’s Walmart Great Value brand.
Easy Apple Crumb Pie
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 2 Tbs. flour or cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. cream or half & half
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stir apples, sugar, pie spice, cornstarch or flour and cream together in a bowl.
- Mound apples in pie shell.
- In another bowl, stir flour and brown sugar together.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork to make crumbs.
- Top pie with crumbs.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake about 20 more minutes or until apples are tender.