Sliced apples, sugar, spices and an easy crumb topping come together for an amazing fall dessert!
Oh my! This pie tastes so, so much better than it looks. I didn’t take the time to really style the photo, because it smelled so amazing.
I pulled it out of the oven at the same time the rest of our dinner was ready. We ended up eating it as a side dish, because we couldn’t wait for dessert 🙂
I’ve got another pie crust in the freezer and I can’t wait to make this pie again.
Here’s what you’ll need:
I don’t usually use frozen pie shells like this, but I had this one on hand for some reason. And it was really good! I was surprised. It’s Walmart Great Value brand.
Easy Apple Crumb Pie
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 2 Tbs. flour or cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. cream or half & half
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stir apples, sugar, pie spice, cornstarch or flour and cream together in a bowl.
- Mound apples in pie shell.
- In another bowl, stir flour and brown sugar together.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork to make crumbs.
- Top pie with crumbs.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake about 20 more minutes or until apples are tender.
You didnt put the size of the pie crust..they came in deep, regular, 9 inch, 10 inch….?????
It was a 9″ crust.
what apples do you suggest?
I used red delicious and it turned out great.
Johnathan apples make the best pies