When King’s Hawaiian asked me to create a recipe using their dinner rolls, I had a couple of ideas. I first made sticky pecan rolls. They were marvelous, but not very photogenic. So, I went back to the drawing board and decided to try a twist on bbq sliders.
These little sandwiches make use of one of the slow cooker freezer meals that is part of our November plans. The Peach BBQ Pork couldn’t be easier and the flavor is outstanding.
I paired the pork with Apple Cole Slaw with sweet vinegar dressing. It’s really easy to make, but the addition of the apple gives a great flavor. It goes great with the pork and the King’s Hawaiian rolls too.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
The pork and bbq ingredients aren’t in the photo. I already had it going in the slow cooker.
For the Pork
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs. pork roast or tenderloin
- 16 oz bottle barbecue sauce
- 16 oz peach salsa
- Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred cooked meat to serve.
For the Apple Cole Slaw
- 16 oz bag cole slaw mix
- handful chopped parsely
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs. vinegar
- 4 Tbs. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir cole slaw mix, parsley and apple together.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid. Give it a good shake to combine.
- Pour dressing over slaw and toss.
Two Packs of King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
Serve Peach BBQ Pork on split King’s Hawaiian dinner rolls. Top bbq with slaw.
I would love your vote for my recipe! When you vote, it enters you into a sweepstakes to win one of three $500 gift cards. Voting opens on November 4th.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian®. The opinions and text are all mine.