When King’s Hawaiian asked me to create a recipe using their dinner rolls, I had a couple of ideas. I first made sticky pecan rolls. They were marvelous, but not very photogenic. So, I went back to the drawing board and decided to try a twist on bbq sliders.
These little sandwiches make use of one of the slow cooker freezer meals that is part of our November plans. The Peach BBQ Pork couldn’t be easier and the flavor is outstanding.
I paired the pork with Apple Cole Slaw with sweet vinegar dressing. It’s really easy to make, but the addition of the apple gives a great flavor. It goes great with the pork and the King’s Hawaiian rolls too.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
The pork and bbq ingredients aren’t in the photo. I already had it going in the slow cooker.
Peach Pork BBQ Sliders Topped with Apple Cole Slaw
For the sandwiches
- 2.5-3 lb. pork roast or tenderloin
- 16 oz bottle barbecue sauce
- 16 oz peach salsa
- King's Hawaiian Rolls
For the slaw
- 16 oz bag cole slaw mix
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 3 Tbs vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the sandwiches
- Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred cooked meat. Serve on rolls topped with slaw.
For the slaw
- Stir cole slaw mix, parsley and apple together.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid. Give it a good shake to combine.
- Pour dressing over slaw and toss.
Two Packs of King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
Serve Peach BBQ Pork on split King’s Hawaiian dinner rolls. Top bbq with slaw.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian®. The opinions and text are all mine.