Does this ever happen to you? You know dinner is going to be chicken because you’ve got a pack of boneless breasts/thighs/tenders or bone-in legs/breasts/thighs. But you have no desire to think up a recipe to turn them into dinner.
You don’t need a recipe. You just need some ideas.
Here are 10 ways (plus a few cooking methods) to get you started.
Cooking method 1: Slow Cooker
This is my favorite way to cook. Throw it in the crock and bam – hours later, dinner is ready. Obviously, this method works best if you have plenty of time.
Cooking method 2: Oven
Thawed boneless pieces should take about an hour to cook, less if they’re thin (like breast tenders). Bone-in pieces I give an hour and 15 minutes or more if they are thick.
Sprinkle or Pour on Flavor
- Salsa – Any type. Try black bean and corn or chipotle lime or another style for a fun variation.
- Bbq sauce – Any type.
- Salad dressing – French, Catalina, Italian etc.
- Stir fry sauce, orange sauce, mandarin sauce etc.
- A sweet (like honey or jelly) with a sour/tart (like ketchup, cocktail sauce, chili sauce, bbq sauce) use up the bottles in your fridge.
- Taco seasoning – shred and serve in tortillas
- Spaghetti sauce – add mozzarella or provolone slices during the last few minutes of cooking
- Crushed tomatoes/diced tomatoes/tomato sauce with Italian seasoning
- Jar of gravy
- Cream of…soup, add onions and/or other veggies
What’s your favorite way to fix chicken?