Unfortunately, you only get to see a photo of the ingredients this time. I completely forgot to take pictures of the cookies!
Let me see if I can paint a word picture for you. They were round, lightly browned, chock full of oats and studded with plenty of chocolate chips, not too flat or too fluffy, the perfect amount of sweet.
I adapted the recipe from the back of the Great Value quick oats box, swapping out shortening for butter and using more chocolate chips than the original called for.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
- Stir the flour, baking soda and salt together and mix into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Bake 9-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
What is your favorite kind of cookie?