We could also call this Grasshopper Puppy Chow or Thin Mint Cereal Mix or any other number of names.
Bottom line is a batch of Chocolate Mint Muddy Buddies is easy to make and hard to stay out of. We polished off a whole batch in no time. Of course, I had the help of several kids including a couple of teenage boys.
I wanted to try to dye the powdered sugar green for St. Patrick’s Day, but I was unsuccessful. I think there are ways it can be done, but I decided not to spend a lot of time pursuing it. A green bowl did the trick instead.
Here’s what you’ll need:
There are only a few ingredients in this recipe. And you only need a few minutes to make it. Perfect!
Chocolate Mint Muddy Buddies
- 10 oz bag Andes mint baking chips
- 5 Tbs. butter
- 12.8 oz box rice chex cereal
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
- Put baking chips and butter into a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour cereal into melted chocolate and stir to coat.
- Add powdered sugar to the bowl and stir to cover the cereal in powdered sugar.