We could also call this Grasshopper Puppy Chow or Thin Mint Cereal Mix or any other number of names.
Bottom line is a batch of Chocolate Mint Muddy Buddies is easy to make and hard to stay out of. We polished off a whole batch in no time. Of course, I had the help of several kids including a couple of teenage boys.
I wanted to try to dye the powdered sugar green for St. Patrick’s Day, but I was unsuccessful. I think there are ways it can be done, but I decided not to spend a lot of time pursuing it. A green bowl did the trick instead.
Here’s what you’ll need:
There are only a few ingredients in this recipe. And you only need a few minutes to make it. Perfect!
Chocolate Mint Muddy Buddies
- 10 oz bag Andes mint baking chips
- 5 Tbs. butter
- 12.8 oz box rice chex cereal
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
- Put baking chips and butter into a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour cereal into melted chocolate and stir to coat.
- Add powdered sugar to the bowl and stir to cover the cereal in powdered sugar.
Do you think the same amount of mint flavored chocolate chips would work?
Yes, I think that would work fine.
Angie Stein says
I wonder if using those little green mints shaped like Hershey kisses would work for the green color instead of the Andes mints. They would be a lighter green especially with the powdered sugar on them. Or maybe add just a few green sugar sprinkles when mixing …
Angie Stein says
I wonder if using those little green mints shaped like Hershey kisses would work for the green color instead of using the Andes mints. That may work for the green color instead. It would be a lighter green color especially with the powdered sugar on them and maybe even sprinkle them with a little bit of green sugar sprinkles when mixing. ..