More-with-Less is one of my favorite cookbooks. It’s full of simple, delicious and economical recipes and this casserole is one of them. This is a perfect recipe to use chicken that you’ve already cooked and frozen. Once the chicken is cooked the dish is a snap to put together.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Put the rice and the boiling water in the dish, stirring to mix.
- Add the other ingredients, stirring to mix them all in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes.
- You can use celery or pimento in addition to or instead of the green pepper.