The Eat at Home Challenge is off to a great start! Nearly 1800 people have joined. I’m doing the challenge right along with everyone else, but last week I was sick all week. Summer isn’t supposed to be for viruses, but this one sure did lay me flat! It’s put me a little behind and made the Eat at Home Challenge a bit more challenging for my family. We haven’t eaten perfectly planned meals, but we have eaten. Fingers crossed that this week is better!
Today, we’ve got a recipe from Kate. This one looks fantastic!
I know the summer stereotype is lazy days but my summers are always busy. The longer days always seem to keep us out and about later, which often means less time to make dinner. This pasta has been one of my favorites so far this summer. It’s a recreation of something I got at a local café and it comes together in about fifteen minutes. If you cook the pasta the night before, you can have it on the table in about five.
I prefer to serve this cold – it feels more refreshing on a summer night, especially with fresh-from-the-garden corn and tomatoes – but you can heat it if you want to.
Chipotle Ranch Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb. mini penne
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ear of corn grilled and cut off
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 8 oz. Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tsp. chipotle sauce or more, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ranch dressing and chipotle sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, corn, tomato and onion. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat. Add the cheese and stir until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Kate is a home cook and new mom from New Jersey. In addition to sharing recipes with Eat at Home readers, she blogs her cooking adventures at Kate’s Recipe Box. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her reading or tending to her garden.