Sandwiches are the classic “I need to feed my family–quick!” kind of meals. But quick and easy doesn’t have to mean PBJ or BLTs night after night. There are lots of delicious things to serve between two slices of bread. Like these over 20 slow cooker sandwiches that you can throw into your slow cooker in the morning and forget about until dinner time. They’re life savers for us during the summer–or any busy time of the year! There’s enough variety that even if we ate sandwiches for a week straight, we’d probably not be tired of them.
The slow cooker is such a time saver. And when it’s hot–not having to heat up the kitchen is a huge bonus. And thanks to the slow cooker, you get to enjoy big, juicy flavorful sandwiches without slaving over the stove or grill for hours on hot or busy days. That’s my kind of dinner!
If you want to see how easy these sandwiches are, check out the FB Live demo I did of getting Peach Pulled Pork BBQ in the slow cooker and making up the delicious apple slaw that goes with it!
20 Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker
1. Hawaiian BBQ Sandwiches are a fresh twist on an old favorite with BBQ, pineapple, and provolone.
2. Jerk Chicken Sandwiches are a delightful combo of jerk chicken and cucumber mango salsa.
3. Chicken Bacon & Ranch Sandwiches with creamy slaw are like a sandwich version of this favorite salad flavor profile.
4. Chicken Philly Sandwiches, because a Philly Sandwich doesn’t always have to be beef!
5. Did you know that you can whip up these BBQ Chicken Sandwiches by simply tossing the ingredients in the slow cooker and turning it on? It’s true, you don’t even have to stir them up!
6. Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches – for when you want to serve up the goodness of without the usual prepping and cooking fuss. You’re welcome!
7. Cilantro Lime Chicken Sandwiches pack a refreshing twist of Mexican flavor!
8. Balsamic Chicken Sandwiches from Robin at Add a Pinch
9. Beef Shwarma is made of tender middle-Eastern flavored beef and cucumber-yogurt sauce stuffed in pocket bread.
10. Beef Gyros are a tasty twist on the usual roasted lamb gyros.
11. French Dip Sandwiches in the slow cooker are such classic goodness that the whole family is sure to love.
12. These African Pulled Beef Sandwiches with yogurt mint sauce are based on a sandwich introduced a few years ago at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. They have just enough kick to give them a great flavor without burning your tongue.
13. Italian Beef Sandwiches are full of flavor with a bit of a kick, and they’re absolutely delicious!
14. Pizza Steak Sandwiches – for those who love meat on top of their meat. This one’s for you!
15. Just when you thought a Bacon Cheeseburger couldn’t get any better, we put the bacon in the burger instead of sliding around on top of the patty.
16. What happens when you add pasta sauce to an Italian Sausage Sandwich? Italian Sausage and Pepper Subs complete with provolone cheese and the goodness of Italian spices, of course!
17. Peach BBQ Pork Sliders are such a fun and casual way to enjoy BBQ, pork and peach salsa in one tasty sandwich, and add a bit of apple slaw. Yum!
18. Pork and Gravy Sandwiches can be served as a “regular” sandwich or open-faced with an extra serving of gravy poured over the top.
19. BBQ Peach Pulled Pork add the sweetness of peach salsa to the classic BBQ pork sandwich.
20. Two ingredients and a slow cooker are all you need for these flavorful Beer Brats and an easy dinner.
21. Peach BBQ Pork Sliders are such a fun and casual way to enjoy BBQ, pork and peach salsa in one tasty sandwich, and add a bit of apple slaw. Yum!