You know how I love a 15 minute meal. Sometimes that’s all I have to pull dinner together. Such was the case the night I made this, but the inspiration for the dish had come a few months before.
When I went to Nashville for Blissdom, a group of us had dinner together the first night. Tricia from Once a Month Mom was our ring leader and she took us downtown to Demo’s Restaurant. I chose the spaghetti with brown butter garlic sauce. It tasted really good, but I had an inkling that I could make it better at home.
I was right! And it can be made in the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta. Here’s what you’ll need:
Roasted Garlic, Brown Butter and Parmesan Pasta (in 15 Minutes)
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups Parmesan shredded
- 1-2 cups water from pasta
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions. Note Before draining the pasta, dip out 1-2 cups of the water and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic to skillet. Cook several minutes until garlic is roasted and butter is golden brown in color.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, remembering to reserve 1-2 cups of water before draining.
- Add garlic butter and Parmesan to pasta.
- Ladle cooking water into pasta, tossing to melt cheese. Use enough water to get a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Kim of Mo'Betta says
This is one of those recipes that jumps out at you and screams “yummo!” Such an awesome combination of ingredients. Can’t wait to make it!
Bernadene Whitten says
I loved the taste but it was missing something, so I had some cold bacon from salads the night before and add that. It did the ticket and it was awesome, nothing leftover for leftovers!
Oh yes, bacon would be a great addition.
That looks good!
Slice of Southern says
Oh I love this recipe!! And I love anything that is that quick to put together!!! I’m hosting a linky party called Southern Sundays and would love if your could come over and link up some of your fabulous recipes! http://www.asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com
Hope to see you there!
Yum, it takes me back to that night! It looks wonderful 🙂
Just found this site today, picked 5 recipes for this week, and this was dinner tonight. AMAZING! I added more garlic because I am addicted to it. So glad I found this site, my family and I were about to start chewing on our arms if we didnt get some new recipes into the mix.
I just recently ate at Demo’s in downtown Nashville and chose the spaghetti with brown garlic butter sauce…it was awesome!!! Our waitress had me try adding some feta cheese in with it and it was delish!!! Thanks for the recipe.
lisa m says
had this for dinner tonight. it was delicious. thank you for the recipie
Looks very good. I bet it would be great with breaded chicken!