I love garlic, so when I saw this recipe over at A Year of Crockpotting, I had to try it. It did not disappoint. The garlic takes on a nutty, roasted flavor and the seasoning on the chicken compliments the other flavors. I served the garlic and onions over angel hair pasta. I’m pretty sure this was the fanciest chicken leg meal I’ve ever eaten.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Garlic Chicken with More Garlic
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3-4 lbs. chicken breasts thighs and/or legs
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 20-40 garlic cloves peeled but left whole, I used 1 bulb of garlic
- Toss the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the other ingredients. I used my hands to mix it all up.
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker on top of the onions.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Because of the paprika, the chicken turns out an appetizing color, something I find unusual in crockpot cooking. Still, chicken legs are not very photogenic. (Neither are my own legs though, so I shouldn’t point fingers. Okay, that’s enough appendage talk.) I served the garlic and onions over angel hair pasta and it was perfectly yum. The garlic would also be good smeared on hot bread.