I’m excited to share these recipes with you as part of a sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own and my opinion is these recipes are delicious!
We are nearing the end of soccer season and we are worn out. I’ll be the first to admit that I am not a great soccer mom, as far as having a ton of energy and lots of enthusiasm to see every minute of every game. I like watching the kids play, but six games in one week, four of which were on the same day in a city two hours away has taken its toll.
The schedule has also done a number on family dinner and cooking. On Monday Jim took Isaac to his game and the rest of us stayed home. Mia and I didn’t have another hour and a half drive, plus game, plus driving home left in us. She’s been battling bronchitis and a shoulder injury for a couple of weeks and just needed to rest.
We decided to celebrate our night at home with an easy dinner, a fantastic dessert and a dive into Netflix and a good book. We’re both salad fans so we loved the idea of this salad chock full of apples, pecans, cranberries and topped with chicken.
The best part of this salad is the way the chicken is prepped and cooked. The chicken gets slathered in Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, then dredged in seasoned bread crumbs before baking. The process gives the outside a flavorful crunch, while keeping the inside very moist. It’s quick and easy. You can serve the chicken with a few side dishes or slice it thin and serve it on salad as we did.
Here’s the recipe for Harvest Apple Salad with Parmesan Pepper Chicken:
Harvest Apple Salad with Parmesan Pepper Chicken
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. shredded or shaved Parmesan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 large Honey Crisp apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine bread crumbs, pepper, salt and Parmesan in shallow bowl and set aside.
- Coat chicken with Mayonnaise, then with bread crumb mixture. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes. Cool chicken slightly, then slice.
- Arrange salad greens on serving platter. Top with chicken, then remaining ingredients. Drizzle with your favorite dressing.
Since we were celebrating (who says you can’t celebrate doing nothing?) we had to include dessert. Caramel Apple Cider Floats are so easy and full of fall flavor! Warm apple cider poured over creamy Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream, drizzled with caramel topping is wonderful! The ice cream melts into the cider, creating a creamy, vanilla apple wonder drink. You must try it!
The ingredients are simple and you can easily adjust this for your own tastes.
Caramel Apple Cider Float
- 2 scoops Breyers vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tbs. caramel topping
- 1-2 cups warm apple cider
- Place ice cream in mug.
- Drizzle caramel topping over ice cream.
- Pour warm cider over all.
Right now you can Buy 3, Get 1 Free on select Unilever food and ice cream brands at Target. Or Buy 2 Hellmann’s or Best Foods items for $7 at Target. Share your favorite family recipes using these ingredients on social media using #FallFamilyFavorites and get cooking with your family.
What kind of dressing did you use on your salad? I can’t decide which kind would go well with this salad. I have everything ready to make it soon! My family loves a good salad!
I bought some Fuji Apple dressing, but I also think that Sweet Onion Dressing (or Vidalia Onion dressing) would be good. Or even Cesar dressing. That’s surprisingly good in a salad that has apples.