This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I have to tell you a little story. I’ve been working so hard on my cookbook and have created so many recipes that I really wondered if I’d ever be able to create another one.
What if I’d poured everything I had into that book and there was nothing left to work with?
I turned the manuscript in to my editor and then planned to take a big break. That’s not how things went though, because the next weekend I wanted to create a Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe and partnered with College Inn broth to do so.
This Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a comfort in many ways. For me, it’s great to know that I’m still able to be creative in the kitchen, even after the intense cookbook work.
This soup has all the warm, hearty ingredients you expect in a chicken soup, especially as the weather cools down. It starts with a great chicken broth and I like to use College Inn – It’s got a savory taste that helps elevate any dish to make it delicious. Then the soup is topped with Pie Crust Croutons.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup + Pie Crust Croutons is amazing! It’s the perfect comfort food.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a big pot for your family (and you will want to get to your kitchen as soon as you can to stir up a batch!).
College Inn broth provides a flavorful base to the soup. Try it with your next recipe and use #CollegeInnBroth in social media to show off your creation!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Pie Crust Croutons
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 Tbs. flour
- 2 - 32 ounce cartons College Inn Chicken Broth
- 5 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/8 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Pie Crust Croutons
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 1 Tbs. butter
- poultry seasoning optional
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook till soft.
- Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in one carton of College Inn broth and stir until smooth.
- Add potatoes, carrots and celery and the second carton of broth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add peas, chicken, milk, salt and pepper and cook another 15-30 minutes, being careful not to let the soup boil.
Pie Crust Croutons
- Unroll pie crusts on two baking sheets.
- Cut crusts in 2 inch squares, or use a small circle cutter.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a dash of poultry seasoning if desired.
- Bake at 450 degrees 7-10 minutes.