This recipe for 15 minute Cuban Black Beans and Rice will have dinner on the table faster than your kids can ask, “What’s for dinner?”
You can serve the beans over rice, put it into tortillas or even scoop it up with chips.
If you’re looking to get out of the Tuesday Taco rut, this is a great alternative.
And if you’re looking for an easy recipe that can turn into a go-to solution for busy nights, this is one for you!
15-Minute Cuban Black Beans and Rice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 red or green pepper diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 15 oz can black beans with liquid
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat a skillet with oil.
- Cook the onion, garlic and peppers in the oil till the onion is soft.
- Stir in black beans and tomatoes.
- Add seasoning.
- Continue heating while the rice cooks.
- Serve beans over rice.
Leave a Reply