This is a super-tasty restaurant-type teriyaki tofu bowl.
Even if you think you don’t like tofu, give it a try! Tofu doesn’t have much flavor on it’s own. It’s all about what you add to it, and this recipe adds lots of fantastic flavors.
Admittedly, there are a few steps to making this recipe, but the end result is well worth it. And it all comes together very quickly.
Using the Instant Pot to make some rice does save some time, and it makes the perfect dinner or a tasty lunch.
Using the extra-firm tofu helps your cubes stay cubes, so be sure to read the package when you’re buying the tofu. (Not that crumbled tofu wouldn’t be tasty, it’s just a prettier dish with the cubes – and they’re easier to eat with chopsticks).
Tofu Teriyaki Bowls
- 2 14 oz block extra-firm tofu
- 3 Tbs sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs tomato paste or ketchup without high-fructose corn syrup
- 1 Tbs minced fresh ginger
- 4-5 cups steamed broccoli use fresh or frozen
- 5-6 green onions chopped
For the tofu bowls:
- Cut the tofu into ½" cubes.
- Stir the sesame seeds, tamari, maple syrup, tomato paste or ketchup and ginger together in a large bowl.
- Add tofu cubes and toss to coat.
- Remove tofu cubes from the sauce, reserving the sauce, and place tofu on a parchment lined sheet and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir the extra sauce into the hot, steamed broccoli.
- To serve, put cooked rice in each bowl and top with tofu, broccoli and chopped green onions.
For Instant Pot brown rice:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1¼ cups water or vegetable broth
- Place brown rice and water in the instant pot. Close the lid and seal. Cook the rice for 17 minutes on high pressure. Do a quick pressure release.
- OR follow package directions for stovetop brown rice
Leave a Reply