I always feel like life is supposed to slow down after the holidays, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. This is one of my go-to meals for busy days – it’s on the table ten minutes after I walk into the kitchen. You really can’t beat that!
I recommend about a quarter of a pound of roast beef per adult to make a good, hearty sandwich. And with bubbly cheese and Italian seasoning, it doesn’t feel like you’re eating “just a sandwich” for dinner.
We usually serve these along with a big salad or veggies and dip.
10 Minute French Dip Sandwiches
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 lb. roast beef
- 4 long rolls
- Italian seasoning
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Add the beef broth to a large skillet over high heat. When the broth starts to steam, reduce heat to medium and add the roast beef and cover. Let warm for about five minutes, until the roast beef is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven broiler. Slice rolls in half and place them on a baking sheet cut side up. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the top side of the buns and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- When the roast beef is warm, remove it from the broth using a slotted spoon or tongs and divide between the rolls. Lay two slices of cheese over the roast beef on each roll.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve with extra broth for dipping.
Kate is a home cook living and working in New Jersey. In addition to sharing recipes with Eat at Home readers, she blogs her cooking adventures at Kate’s Recipe Box. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her reading or tending to her garden.