A few weeks ago I decided to make a recipe from Feast in 15. But I didn’t have any cooked chicken in the freezer. And it was way too hot to grill that day. So I decided to use the skillet instead.
The result was an entirely new recipe. I used chicken marinated in soy sauce and Italian dressing. A quick thaw in the microwave and it was ready to go. Browning the chicken in the skillet and then adding the veggies made for a tasty sauce, perfect for serving over couscous or pasta.
I don’t have an ingredient photo for you this time, because I thought I was making a recipe I’d already shared in Feast in 15. Sometimes something new sneaks up on you.
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1½ lbs. chicken tenders marinated in soy sauce and Italian dressing
- olive oil for cooking the chicken
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 orange pepper, cut in strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15 oz can stewed tomatoes with juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook chicken in olive oil till done and browned.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add peppers, onion and garlic to pan and cook for several minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes to other veggies.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over couscous or angel hair pasta.