My family loves creamy pasta dishes. They’re so quick and easy to make that we can have this favorite meal on a busy week night or cooked up after church on a Sunday.
This version has roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and chicken marinated in red wine vinegar and homemade Italian Herb Salt. Serve it up with a salad and a loaf of crusty bread with seasoned olive oil for dipping. Even better than going out to eat and much cheaper too!
I usually take ingredient photos, but I can’t find one for this dish on my computer. We must have been really busy the night I made it and I forgot to take the photo.
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1½ - 2 lbs. boneless chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Italian Herb Seasoning
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1½ cups half & half, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked
- Combine chicken, red wine vinegar and Italian Herb Seasoning. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or over night.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken till done. Remove from pan.
- Add garlic and butter to the skillet and cook for a minute or two.
- Whisk half & half into the skillet, let simmer over medium-low heat for several minutes.
- Stir in cheese and allow to melt.
- Add roasted red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir sauce and pasta together and serve.