Dinner doesn’t get simpler than this.
If you’re blessed with tomatoes growing in your backyard, you could start the water, pick a couple tomatoes and have the sauce finished by the time the ravioli is done.
I didn’t have fresh tomatoes for this, so I used canned. The sweetness of the onions goes well with tomatoes. Cheese ravioli is a perfect base for the sauce.
Here’s what you’ll need.
No ingredient photo this time because I was cooking fast and forgot to take one.
- 2 bags frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Boil the ravioli according to the package directions.
- While it’s cooking, cook onion and garlic in oil in a skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked ravioli.