The other night, I really wanted some baked appley goodness. The only trouble was I was supposed to be working, not baking.
And then, I remembered this marvelous invention we have in the kitchen.
My respect for this machine went way up when I realized I could have sweet, cinnamon baked apple in just 1 minute. And the fact that someone left a smidge of vanilla ice cream in the freezer for me made my quick dessert even better.
This is much more method than recipe, but I’ll write it up as a recipe anyway.
1 Minute Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Apples
- 1 apple
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar more or less, according to your taste
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon more or less
- 1 tsp. water more or less or none, if you don't want it very syrupy
- Peel and chop your apple into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, adjusting according to what you like.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Microwave 1 minute. Add time, if your apple is still crunchy. Mine only needed 1 minute.
- Top with ice cream, nuts, granola or add to your oatmeal in the morning.
This post is part of a series running every day in October. 31 Days of Cooking Short Cuts for Cheaters.