This is so good and easy. A delicious Mexican meal that cooks in a crockpot – 2 of my favorite things. I adapted the recipe from The Ungourmet.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Salsa Verde Steak in the Slow Cooker
- 2-3 lbs. boneless round steak or another cut of beef
- 1 small can of salsa verde
- 1/2 cup chicken broth beef broth or water
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion sliced
- flour tortillas
- cheddar cheese
- lettuce tomato, sour cream etc
- Put the steak and onions in the crockpot.
- Combine the salsa, broth and seasonings. Pour over the steak.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred the meat and serve in the tortillas with the fixings.
This post is part of Crockpot Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie.