This is a delicious Italian vegetable soup. Also, this soup reheats well, especially if you cook the pasta separately, so you can enjoy it throughout the week.
It’s full of veggies, so it’s as good for you as it is comforting.
This hearty soup will even please meat-eaters, making it a good one when you’re trying to satisfy lots of different tastes.
Plant-based Minestrone Soup
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 32 oz. boxes vegetable broth
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups kale chopped
- ¾ cup small shell pasta
- Cook the onion and garlic in a large soup pot.
- Add a bit of water if they begin to stick.
- When the onion is soft, add the tomatoes, broth, beans, carrots, zucchini, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20.
- Add the kale and pasta to the pot and cook for another 10 minutes.