This is one of the vegetarian recipes that my husband and I enjoy. I admit that my kids turned down the opportunity to eat it with us and chose frozen burritos instead. Silly kids. The recipe is adapted from New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant.
Here’s what you’ll need:
The amounts and types of veggies can be changed depending on what you like and what you have in the fridge. This is what I used.
Mexican Vegetables on Cornbread
- 2 zucchini
- 4 carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with juice only 1 can made it into the photo
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 recipe Cornbread
- Chop all the veggies.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large skillet.
- Add in the carrots and saute for a few minutes, covering to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the other veggies and seasonings and let it cook until the veggies are tender.
- Serve hot over cornbread with shredded cheese and sour cream.